St Albans home named among Rightmove’s most-viewed of 2019
- Credit: Archant
53 The Park, St Albans has received more views on Rightmove than any other home in Hertfordshire this year.
The seven-bed property has been on the market since 2017, and boasts eight reception rooms, eight en suites and three cloakrooms.
Deluxe features of the new build, 10,000 sq ft home include underground parking, a car lift, gym, pilates studio and juice bar.
Currently marketed as 'POA', it originally had a £6m asking price, which dropped to £5m at the end of 2017.
53 The Park wasn't the most-viewed property in the country, however - that accolade went to a nine-bed mansion in Essex.
The Chigwell home has an asking price of £4,999,995 and includes a master bedroom with an en suite bathroom and two dressing rooms, an annexe games room and a cinema room set in over an acre of gated grounds.
You may also want to watch:
Others to feature in the national top five are a 16-bed castle in the Scottish Highlands, a penthouse apartment in Manchester, a seven-bed mansion with pool in Prestbury, Lancashire, and a Grade I listed manor house near Exeter.
Rightmove's Miles Shipside said: "Each Christmas I'm always curious to see which homes have sparked the most interest across Great Britain throughout the year and suffice to say the properties with the biggest personalities or quirkiest features are usually the most popular."
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 4 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 5 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 6 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 7 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 8 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 9 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine
- 10 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw