Are you sale-ready? Top tips for selling your St Albans home this summer!
- Credit: Archant
With fewer homes coming on to estate agents’ books than there are eager buyers ready to snap them up, the St Albans area is currently a sellers’ hotspot. But if you are hoping to achieve the best price for your property it is still worth doing all you can to make your house sale-ready. Here are some inexpensive ways to do just that...
* De-clutter by boxing up your nicknacks ready for your new home.
* Re-organise your rooms to make the best use of space and put bulkier items into store while you show your property.
* Tidy the garden and add colourful pot plants if necessary. You can take them with you when you go.
* Spruce the place up with a thorough deep clean, particularly the kitchen and bathroom. And de-odourize.
You may also want to watch:
* Encourage more light in by hanging mirrors.
* Eliminate strong colours and go for a neutral scheme if possible. Magnolia has had its day but white is in.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 9 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 10 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
* Send pets away. Though you love them, some buyers may not.
* Ensure kitchen cupboards and appliances are in a good state of repair.
* Worn carpets and lino look unattractive and are a trip hazard. Cover with a rug.
* Finish off all those DIY jobs that have been hanging around. If you don’t have time employ a professional.
* Replace spent light bulbs and keep the lights on when potential buyers visit.