Are you sale-ready? Top tips for selling your St Albans home this summer!
- Credit: Archant
With fewer homes coming on to estate agents’ books than there are eager buyers ready to snap them up, the St Albans area is currently a sellers’ hotspot. But if you are hoping to achieve the best price for your property it is still worth doing all you can to make your house sale-ready. Here are some inexpensive ways to do just that...
* De-clutter by boxing up your nicknacks ready for your new home.
* Re-organise your rooms to make the best use of space and put bulkier items into store while you show your property.
* Tidy the garden and add colourful pot plants if necessary. You can take them with you when you go.
* Spruce the place up with a thorough deep clean, particularly the kitchen and bathroom. And de-odourize.
* Encourage more light in by hanging mirrors.
* Eliminate strong colours and go for a neutral scheme if possible. Magnolia has had its day but white is in.
- 1 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 3 Main footpath closed while CCOS South work underway
- 4 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 5 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 6 Could community banking hub open in Harpenden?
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Motorcyclist in serious but stable condition after B556 London Colney crash
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
* Send pets away. Though you love them, some buyers may not.
* Ensure kitchen cupboards and appliances are in a good state of repair.
* Worn carpets and lino look unattractive and are a trip hazard. Cover with a rug.
* Finish off all those DIY jobs that have been hanging around. If you don’t have time employ a professional.
* Replace spent light bulbs and keep the lights on when potential buyers visit.