51st State Festival promises mix of house, disco, soul and garage
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people are expected to flock to a mega music festival inside the majestic surroundings of Trent Park this Saturday.
Revellers at 51st State will be treated to almost 100 acts celebrating the roots of house music, disco, soul and garage, leg by pioneers from New York, Chicago and beyond.
St Albans midwife, Sarah Boyce, 43, said: “The proximity of this festival is fantastic, it’s literally a 15 minute drive away.
“I love Glastonbury but the four hour journey on the way back when you are shattered can be a bit of a drag!”
The music extravaganza has sold out each year since it began in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
This year, the stellar line up includes former Radio One duo and the godfathers of drum and bass Fabio and Grooverider, house legends Carl Cox, Todd Terry, Masters At Work, Trevor Nelson and eighties super soul group Loose Ends.
Vast arenas and structures along with state-of-the-art visuals promise to thrill party-goers at the Cockfosters 320 acre site.
See www.51ststatefestival.com for more information.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans