51st State Festival promises mix of house, disco, soul and garage
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people are expected to flock to a mega music festival inside the majestic surroundings of Trent Park this Saturday.
Revellers at 51st State will be treated to almost 100 acts celebrating the roots of house music, disco, soul and garage, leg by pioneers from New York, Chicago and beyond.
St Albans midwife, Sarah Boyce, 43, said: “The proximity of this festival is fantastic, it’s literally a 15 minute drive away.
“I love Glastonbury but the four hour journey on the way back when you are shattered can be a bit of a drag!”
The music extravaganza has sold out each year since it began in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
This year, the stellar line up includes former Radio One duo and the godfathers of drum and bass Fabio and Grooverider, house legends Carl Cox, Todd Terry, Masters At Work, Trevor Nelson and eighties super soul group Loose Ends.
Vast arenas and structures along with state-of-the-art visuals promise to thrill party-goers at the Cockfosters 320 acre site.
See www.51ststatefestival.com for more information.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital