Volunteers sought for first St Albans Literary Festival
- Credit: Archant
Would you like to get involved in the city’s first ever LitFest?
Have you got what it takes to ensure one of the most exciting new events in the district’s calendar is a success?
The inaugural St Albans Literary Festival is looking for anyone over 16 with a burning passion for literature, a strong sense of community and a desire to see St Albans host a successful literary festival. Even though the event isn’t until November 6-9, the organisers are seeking volunteers for the following roles:
Event Manager – There are over 40 events happening during the festival, and organised and resourceful people are needed to take on the management of these events. The role includes co-ordinating with speakers, venues and festival management.
Fundraising Manager – Ideally, the festival organisers are looking for someone with previous experience in a similar role. The position requires being able to apply for any relevant funding available, along with finding sponsors and festival programme advertisers.
You may also want to watch:
Treasurer – If you know your way around a spreadsheet then this is the role for you! You will be required to keep track of the festival’s finances and report details to the directors.
Transport and Logistics Manager – This role requires a person with a driving licence and access to a vehicle. Duties will include liaising with event managers to ensure speakers and equipment are at the correct location at the right time. There will be a small team to assist and good communication skills are a must. All driving expenses covered.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Event Stewards – Arguably, the most important role of all! Stewards are required for most events, dealing with tickets and helping that they run smoothly.
Following the tremendous success of the London 2012 Olympics and the way their volunteers benefited from their involvement, St Albans LitFest organisers want to ensure volunteers get the most out of their participation, and so they are working closely with the St Albans Volunteer Centre to ensure they can offer a worthwhile experience.
Volunteers will be able to attend a free festival event of their choice and be encouraged to help out wherever they feel able.
Volunteers manager Danny Smith is the first point of contact for any volunteering issues. If you are interested, email email@example.com