Zoo watch: ZSL Whipsnade Zoo creates giant LEGO safari
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo can view giant LEGO safari beasts this Easter.
Launching on Saturday April 6, visitors to the UK’s largest zoo will embark on an exciting journey of discovery, uncovering giant beasts of astounding realism – each of them made from thousands of LEGO bricks.
The Great Brick Safari includes a proud silverback, Gorman the Gorilla, a creation that took 480 hours to build, and Linus the Lion, made from 65,440 bricks.
And be sure not to miss the biggest beast of them all, a one tonne elephant called Earl Grey, which took six experts 1,600 hours to create from 271,739 LEGO bricks.
Once children of all ages have completed the Great Brick Safari adventure, they can make their way to the Brick Pits, where they can build their own favourite creatures.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Brick Safari is included in the Zoo’s entry price.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills