Zoo watch: ZSL Whipsnade Zoo creates giant LEGO safari
- Credit: Archant
Visitors to ZSL Whipsnade Zoo can view giant LEGO safari beasts this Easter.
Launching on Saturday April 6, visitors to the UK’s largest zoo will embark on an exciting journey of discovery, uncovering giant beasts of astounding realism – each of them made from thousands of LEGO bricks.
The Great Brick Safari includes a proud silverback, Gorman the Gorilla, a creation that took 480 hours to build, and Linus the Lion, made from 65,440 bricks.
And be sure not to miss the biggest beast of them all, a one tonne elephant called Earl Grey, which took six experts 1,600 hours to create from 271,739 LEGO bricks.
Once children of all ages have completed the Great Brick Safari adventure, they can make their way to the Brick Pits, where they can build their own favourite creatures.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Brick Safari is included in the Zoo’s entry price.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game