Zimro Trio lined up for Radlett music club
A CHAMBER music trio will be performing works by leading composers for Radlett Music Club next Thursday, January 20.
The Zimro Trio focuses on music for violin, clarinet and piano and boasts three of the UK’s premier chamber musicians playing music ranging from the charm of Mozart’s Kegelstatt trio to the folk rhythms of Bartok and the light-hearted humour of Milhaud.
Clarinettist Neyire Ashworth is a founder member of the Britten-Pears Ensemble with whom she has toured Britain and the USA.
She is joined by violinist Paul Barritt, who combines a busy career as a recitalist, chamber musicians, concerto soloist and teacher and is permanent guest leader of the Halle Orchestra.
The third member of the acclaimed trio is Daniel Becker, first prize winner at the 2003 British Contemporary Piano Competition who has performed at the Wigmore Hall, Purcell Room, Salle Cortot Paris and the Weill Recital Hall, New York.
The concert is being held at 8pm at The Radlett Centre and tickets are �13 on the door or in advance from the theatre box office on 01923 859291. Admission is free for young people aged between eight and 25 years thanks to an arrangement with the Cavatina Chamber Music Trust.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival