Zimro Trio lined up for Radlett music club
A CHAMBER music trio will be performing works by leading composers for Radlett Music Club next Thursday, January 20.
The Zimro Trio focuses on music for violin, clarinet and piano and boasts three of the UK’s premier chamber musicians playing music ranging from the charm of Mozart’s Kegelstatt trio to the folk rhythms of Bartok and the light-hearted humour of Milhaud.
Clarinettist Neyire Ashworth is a founder member of the Britten-Pears Ensemble with whom she has toured Britain and the USA.
She is joined by violinist Paul Barritt, who combines a busy career as a recitalist, chamber musicians, concerto soloist and teacher and is permanent guest leader of the Halle Orchestra.
The third member of the acclaimed trio is Daniel Becker, first prize winner at the 2003 British Contemporary Piano Competition who has performed at the Wigmore Hall, Purcell Room, Salle Cortot Paris and the Weill Recital Hall, New York.
You may also want to watch:
The concert is being held at 8pm at The Radlett Centre and tickets are �13 on the door or in advance from the theatre box office on 01923 859291. Admission is free for young people aged between eight and 25 years thanks to an arrangement with the Cavatina Chamber Music Trust.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public