Yuka Ishimaru to give St Albans International Organ Festival concert
YUKA Ishimaru, winner of Grand Prix, Chartres International Organ Competition 2010, is giving the next concert in a current series.
She is appearing in the International Organ Festival Society’s concert at 5.30pm next Saturday, April 21 in St Saviour’s Church in Sandpit Lane, St Albans.
Yuka was born in Niigata, Japan, and in 2007 graduated from the Tokyo University of Fine Arts and Music receiving many prizes.
Since then she has undertaken further organ studies at the Royal Danish Academy of Music and the Staatliche Hochschule f�r Musik und Darstellende Kunst, Stuttgart, and on harpsichord at the University of Gothenburg.
In 2011, Yuka undertook a concert tour in Europe and USA and is a member of the Japan Association of Organists and also the Japan Organ Society.
You may also want to watch:
Her programme will include music by JS Bach, Pachelbel, Mozart, Mendelssohn and Kakinuma.
Entrance to the concert is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society. After the concert the audience will have the opportunity to meet the soloist.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
Full details of all the concerts in the 2011-2012 series can be found at organfestival.com