Young talent urged to apply for Harpenden Battle of the Bands
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians are invited to apply to take part in the third Harpenden Battle of the Bands later this year.
It is being held in Harpenden Public Halls on Saturday, April 23, and provides a platform to showcase the talents of youth bands across a range of genres. The competition also raises money for worthy causes
Battle of the Bands was established in 2014 by Harpenden Lions with the support of McFly drummer Harry Judd and his wife Izzy.
The 2015 event was hosted by BBC presenter Gareth Lloyd with the judges including the Puppini Sisters, X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent voice coach Annabel Williams and music producer Michael Pearce.
Kate Mullins of the Puppini Sisters said after the 2014 competition: “Really enjoyed last week and really happy to be able to help such a worthy cause.”
Bands wishing to enter the competition can download an entry form and copy of the rules from here. Competing bands will perform two numbers with prizes presented for the best original and best cover performances.
You may also want to watch:
Band members must be aged 18 and under at the date of the competition.
Celebrity judges and presenter will be announced shortly but the charities which will benefit from this year’s competition will be The Brain Injury Rehability Trust Eyes Alight Appeal and local charity Kids in Action.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 8 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church