Young talent urged to apply for Harpenden Battle of the Bands
- Credit: Archant
Young musicians are invited to apply to take part in the third Harpenden Battle of the Bands later this year.
It is being held in Harpenden Public Halls on Saturday, April 23, and provides a platform to showcase the talents of youth bands across a range of genres. The competition also raises money for worthy causes
Battle of the Bands was established in 2014 by Harpenden Lions with the support of McFly drummer Harry Judd and his wife Izzy.
The 2015 event was hosted by BBC presenter Gareth Lloyd with the judges including the Puppini Sisters, X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent voice coach Annabel Williams and music producer Michael Pearce.
Kate Mullins of the Puppini Sisters said after the 2014 competition: “Really enjoyed last week and really happy to be able to help such a worthy cause.”
Bands wishing to enter the competition can download an entry form and copy of the rules from here. Competing bands will perform two numbers with prizes presented for the best original and best cover performances.
You may also want to watch:
Band members must be aged 18 and under at the date of the competition.
Celebrity judges and presenter will be announced shortly but the charities which will benefit from this year’s competition will be The Brain Injury Rehability Trust Eyes Alight Appeal and local charity Kids in Action.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans