Young saxophonist makes Herts Jazz Club debut
- Credit: Archant
Tenor saxophonist Alex Merritt makes his debut at Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, May 15.
His visit is part of a policy by Herts Jazz to provide a platform for younger artists who are at the beginning of their careers in music.
Alex graduated from Birmingham Conservatoire a few years ago and has since picked up work under his own name at Ronnie Scott’s Club, the Brecon Jazz Festival and the London Jazz Festival.
On a national tour promoting his recent CD Anatta, he is joined by John Turville, piano, and Jeff Williams, drums, both tutors at Birmingham, and Sam Lasserson on bass.
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30 pm.
Tickets in advance are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre