Young saxophonist makes Herts Jazz Club debut
- Credit: Archant
Tenor saxophonist Alex Merritt makes his debut at Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, May 15.
His visit is part of a policy by Herts Jazz to provide a platform for younger artists who are at the beginning of their careers in music.
Alex graduated from Birmingham Conservatoire a few years ago and has since picked up work under his own name at Ronnie Scott’s Club, the Brecon Jazz Festival and the London Jazz Festival.
On a national tour promoting his recent CD Anatta, he is joined by John Turville, piano, and Jeff Williams, drums, both tutors at Birmingham, and Sam Lasserson on bass.
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30 pm.
Tickets in advance are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 8 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 9 Cheers! Great Northern pub set to host beer and cider festival
- 10 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?