Talented young musicians set to perform at St Albans Cathedral
- Credit: Archant
Young musician competition winners are set to perform at St Albans Cathedral this weekend.
The Abbey will be hosting a free concert for the talented winners and runners-up from the St Albans Young Musicians Competition 2018.
St Albans Cathedral staged the seventh St Albans Young Musicians Competition finals in February, giving over 50 local students the opportunity to perform in the incredible setting of the Cathedral’s nave.
Supported by the St Albans Cathedral Music Trust, the aim of the competition is to provide a unique platform for young musicians and extend the musical outreach of the Cathedral, as well as to bring the work of the Music Trust to a wider audience.
The winners and runners-up of the 2018 competition will be performing once again in the Cathedral nave on Saturday, April 28 at 1pm.
You may also want to watch:
Entry is free and all are welcome to enjoy the beautiful performances of these talented young people.
• For more information visit the Cathedral’s website www.stalbanscathedral.org
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works