Young dancers ‘plie’ their trade in classical ballet
- Credit: Archant
Eight local young dancers are preparing to take the stage as part of a professional production of the ballet Sleeping Beauty.
It is being performed by English Youth Ballet at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage from next Thursday, October 15, to Saturday, October 17.
All the soloist and corps de ballet roles are being performed by young dancers from Herts and Bucks .
The eight successful local dancers include Sophie, 12, and Anna, 14, Hayward-Surry, Lily Salter, 10, and Anastasia Velody, 14, all of whom go to Roundwood Park School in Harpenden and belong to the Louise Sheaves School of Dance.
Joining them will be Freya Robertson, 12, of St George’s School in Harpenden who belongs to The Dance Studio, Emma Turnbull, 10, a pupil at Abbots Hill School in Hemel Hempstead who dances with the Gwen Hallam School of Dance and Lily Wortley, 10, of St John Fisher School in St Albans and Makenzie Wortley, 13, of Samuel Ryder Academy in St Albans, both of whom attend North Central Herts School of Dance.
They were selected from over 200 young hopefuls who turned up for auditions in June.
Performances are at 7.30pm each evening with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm and tickets are available by calling 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival