Young dancers ‘plie’ their trade in classical ballet
- Credit: Archant
Eight local young dancers are preparing to take the stage as part of a professional production of the ballet Sleeping Beauty.
It is being performed by English Youth Ballet at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage from next Thursday, October 15, to Saturday, October 17.
All the soloist and corps de ballet roles are being performed by young dancers from Herts and Bucks .
The eight successful local dancers include Sophie, 12, and Anna, 14, Hayward-Surry, Lily Salter, 10, and Anastasia Velody, 14, all of whom go to Roundwood Park School in Harpenden and belong to the Louise Sheaves School of Dance.
Joining them will be Freya Robertson, 12, of St George’s School in Harpenden who belongs to The Dance Studio, Emma Turnbull, 10, a pupil at Abbots Hill School in Hemel Hempstead who dances with the Gwen Hallam School of Dance and Lily Wortley, 10, of St John Fisher School in St Albans and Makenzie Wortley, 13, of Samuel Ryder Academy in St Albans, both of whom attend North Central Herts School of Dance.
You may also want to watch:
They were selected from over 200 young hopefuls who turned up for auditions in June.
Performances are at 7.30pm each evening with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm and tickets are available by calling 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears