Young dancers ‘plie’ their trade in classical ballet
- Credit: Archant
Eight local young dancers are preparing to take the stage as part of a professional production of the ballet Sleeping Beauty.
It is being performed by English Youth Ballet at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage from next Thursday, October 15, to Saturday, October 17.
All the soloist and corps de ballet roles are being performed by young dancers from Herts and Bucks .
The eight successful local dancers include Sophie, 12, and Anna, 14, Hayward-Surry, Lily Salter, 10, and Anastasia Velody, 14, all of whom go to Roundwood Park School in Harpenden and belong to the Louise Sheaves School of Dance.
Joining them will be Freya Robertson, 12, of St George’s School in Harpenden who belongs to The Dance Studio, Emma Turnbull, 10, a pupil at Abbots Hill School in Hemel Hempstead who dances with the Gwen Hallam School of Dance and Lily Wortley, 10, of St John Fisher School in St Albans and Makenzie Wortley, 13, of Samuel Ryder Academy in St Albans, both of whom attend North Central Herts School of Dance.
You may also want to watch:
They were selected from over 200 young hopefuls who turned up for auditions in June.
Performances are at 7.30pm each evening with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm and tickets are available by calling 01438 363200 or visit www.gordon-craig.co.uk
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden