You’ve gotta pick a pocket or two when Oliver comes to the Arena
- Credit: Archant
Oliver will be bringing his begging bowl and a cast of colourful characters to the Alban Arena next week in the capable hands of St Albans Operatic Society (SAOS)
It follows the success of Grease and Annie last year and will run for seven performances from next Tuesday, April 28, until Saturday, May 2, with five performances at 7.30pm and Wednesday and Saturday matinees at 2.30pm.
Director Rob Milner punned: “St Albans is a city renowned for Food Glorious Food, but we also have some fantastic talent, and this show is no exception. I’d Do Anything to buy a ticket, even Pick a Pocket or Two”
Musical director Philip Joslin could not resist adding: “Rob and I have been working hard getting 30 young boys to perform to the standard expected of SAOS. It’s been a dream team, and we will work together again for certain, well As Long As He Needs Me.”
The show stars Emma Stratton as Nancy, Howard Salinger as Fagin, Tony Bradburn as Mr Bumble and Jamie Ross as Bill Sykes,
You may also want to watch:
The role of Oliver will be played by Thomas Wilkins and Alexander van Weezel at alternate performances, as will the role of Dodger, played by Lewis Elliot and Archie Stevens.
Tickets are available on 01727 844488, or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk/events/oliver.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans