X Factor Tom on the market in Wheathampstead
X FACTOR may be over for another year but there is a chance to see a contender for the show at a farmers market on Sunday. Tom Pearce, 18, of Sandridge, was one of the final 100 male singers auditioned at the Emirates Stadium for the 2009 X Factor progra
X FACTOR may be over for another year but there is a chance to see a contender for the show at a farmers' market on Sunday.
Tom Pearce, 18, of Sandridge, was one of the final 100 male singers auditioned at the Emirates Stadium for the 2009 X Factor programme.
He is rapidly moving up the ladder to potential stardom and when the local Wheathampstead for Enterprising Business group (WEB) heard about him, he was auditioned and booked for the village farmers' market in the East Lane car park on Sunday.
Tom, who has been support act to another rising star MZ Bratt, will be performing with his voice coach Simone Kaye from Radlett - a singing star in her own right.
You may also want to watch:
They will be appearing between 10am and 1pm and Tom will be singing his first single which he wrote and produced for release in the New Year.
Janet Giblin, proprietor of the Tin Pot guest house at Gustard Wood and entertainment organiser for WEB, said: "We are extremely lucky to have been able to book such a talented young man at Christmas time when he is very busy with other gigs.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
"Last week he was one of only four acts reaching the regional final of the Open Mic 2009 Awards where he competed against 25,000 acts. Now that Simone, who has a fantastic voice, has agreed to sing with Tom we have a top rate event."
Hot mince pies and punch will be served and entry to the market and the entertainment is free.