X Factor’s St Albans singers still on song
Singer says being on The X Factor was “an unbelievable experience”
A ST ALBANS trio who attracted fans and wowed judges on The X Factor are using their experience on the hit ITV show to continue their singing career.
Nick Jackson, Dan Lipman and Rohan Kapoor have joined forces with fellow singers Jade Richards and Joe Cox who, like them, failed to impress judges enough to make it through to the 16 acts competing in the live final shows.
Rohan, Nick and Dan were members of The Keys with Lewis Codling, 23, and Charlie Healy, 25. Judge Tulisa Contostavlos told the boys they were all going home, except for Charlie, who was offered the chance to sing with another boy band, The Risk, in the finals.
Scottish lass Jade stole hearts when she sang for her granny on The X Factor and quickly become a firm favourite with fans as did heartthrob Joe, a hopeful boy singer.
Nick, of Harpenden Road, St Albans, said the singers struck up friendships with Jade and Joe while preparing for boot camp and since then have enjoyed performing together at gigs in the likes of Cardiff and Plymouth.
Nick said: “We are really close mates; we sang at boot camp and are keen to push things forward.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 4 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 5 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 6 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
He added that they would love to sing in their hometown, St Albans.
Dan, Rohan and Nick, all 24, are former St Albans School pupils. Rohan was an A-level music student and all three became friends at the school where they performed a cappella arrangements.
They are now part of Keystar, a collective of artists.
Nick is still following his former bandmate on The X Factor, throwing his support behind Charlie and predicted The Risk would go far in the competition.
He went on: “I think they were the best group.”
Nick described being on The X Factor as an unbelievable experience.
He added: “It was one of the best times I have ever had, it opened doors for us. I’m really glad we got together and did it.
“I love singing. Being in a position where you are with some of the biggest players in the industry was a great experience, it was fantastic.”
Interestingly Virgin has been publicising its “tweet factor,” an unscientific look at who from The X Factor is being tweeted about the most on social networking site Twitter, and prior to appearing in the judges’ houses, Jade, Joe and The Keys were by far the most talked about.