Wrestling, The Billy Fury Years and Dallas Buyers Club at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
An action-packed night is promised when the stars of LDN Wrestling come to the Alban Arena next Saturday, June 7.
It will feature top names including British Heavyweight Champion, Alan Lee Travis, Pirate Paul Malen, the Masked Man of Mystery, The Dark Lord, and many more.
LDN Wrestling was formed in November 2004 by lifelong wrestling fan Sanjay Bagga. The aim of the company was to build a brand that could tour the country under the LDN name.
It toured mostly London-based venues until March 2007 when it signed a national television deal with The Wrestling Channel and in just over two years made history as the longest running British wrestling show since the days of World of Sport on ITV.
The evening, which starts at 7.30pm, is being filmed for TV. Tickets are £15 with concessions £3 off and a family ticket £45, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Back by popular demand, The Billy Fury Years comes to the Arena at 7.30pm next Sunday, June 8.
Michael King and his musicians put on a two-hour show filled with Fury’s greatest hits including Jealousy, I Will, In Thoughts of You, and Halfway to Paradise.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Tickets are £18.
n Comedian John Bishop, who is appearing at the Arena next Tuesday, June 3, has sold out.
n Academy Award winners Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto star in the critically-acclaimed film The Dallas Buyers Club at the Arena next Wednesday, June 4, and Thursday, June 5.
After being diagnosed as HIV Positive, Ron Woodroof (McConaughey) begins smuggling new and non-approved medicines and establishes a ‘buyers club’ to provide treatments to others suffering from the disease.
But he quickly becomes the target of the US medical establishment and the pharmaceuticals industry who resent his defiance of government sanctions and join forces to shut down his operation.
The film is being screened at 1.30pm and 7.30pm on Wednesday and at 7.30pm on Thursday. Tickets for the matinee are £5 and for evenings are £7 or £5 concessions.