World first for St Albans Choral Society's Christmas
A WORLD premiere is to be given by St Albans Choral Society at its Christmas concert next Sunday, December 6. The choir is putting on the concert at 7pm at Marlborough Road Methodist Church in St Albans. The programme features the second world premiere to
A WORLD premiere is to be given by St Albans Choral Society at its Christmas concert next Sunday, December 6.
The choir is putting on the concert at 7pm at Marlborough Road Methodist Church in St Albans.
The programme features the second world premiere to be given by the choir this season - This Endris Night by Richard Harvey, their accompanist and organist.
The piece is a sequence of carols for mixed voices and organ which consists of a brand-new carol and four settings of Christmas favourites including Hark the Herald Angels Sing as a homage to Felix Mandelssohn, one of this year's anniversary composers.
You may also want to watch:
A selection of Christmas songs will be performed by the choir at Fleetville JMI School and seasonal readings will be given by members of the Choral Society.
As usual, the audience is invited to participate in the singing of a variety of popular carols. Richard Harvey will accompany the choir on organ and piano while presiding over proceedings will be the director of music, George Vass.
- 1 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 4 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 5 District's COVID cases fall below England's average for first time in a month
- 6 St Albans named among Britain’s hottest property markets
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Horse owner pleads with public not to feed equine
Tickets at �12 with children �1 are available in advance from the ticket line on 07884 231958, from members of the choir or on the door. Further information can be found on the website www.choralsociety.com