World first for St Albans Choral Society's Christmas
A WORLD premiere is to be given by St Albans Choral Society at its Christmas concert next Sunday, December 6. The choir is putting on the concert at 7pm at Marlborough Road Methodist Church in St Albans. The programme features the second world premiere to
A WORLD premiere is to be given by St Albans Choral Society at its Christmas concert next Sunday, December 6.
The choir is putting on the concert at 7pm at Marlborough Road Methodist Church in St Albans.
The programme features the second world premiere to be given by the choir this season - This Endris Night by Richard Harvey, their accompanist and organist.
The piece is a sequence of carols for mixed voices and organ which consists of a brand-new carol and four settings of Christmas favourites including Hark the Herald Angels Sing as a homage to Felix Mandelssohn, one of this year's anniversary composers.
A selection of Christmas songs will be performed by the choir at Fleetville JMI School and seasonal readings will be given by members of the Choral Society.
As usual, the audience is invited to participate in the singing of a variety of popular carols. Richard Harvey will accompany the choir on organ and piano while presiding over proceedings will be the director of music, George Vass.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 3 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 4 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 5 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 8 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 9 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 10 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
Tickets at �12 with children �1 are available in advance from the ticket line on 07884 231958, from members of the choir or on the door. Further information can be found on the website www.choralsociety.com