Witness for Easter in Harpenden
AN AMBULATORY drama being performed in Harpenden on Easter Saturday is looking for more people to take part.
A group of mainly local churchgoers are putting on Witness by Nick Warburton on April 7 and are inviting anyone who is interested in participating to get in touch.
The performance will start with a walk along the High Street to the sensory garden for the launch and then the start of the re-enaction of Witness will take place on the concourse outside the Methodist Church.
It will feature a section of St Luke’s Gospel just prior to the baptism of Jesus before moving on to the temptations he faced and then being led out to be stoned. The action will then move to the green in front of Harpenden Public Halls where the incident of the man possessed with demons will be presented.
The rest of the story, culminating in the appearance of Jesus after his resurrection, will be played out in the Public Halls.
You may also want to watch:
The performance will run from 3pm to 5.30pm and will be free to watch although donations to cover costs will be invited at the end.
Anyone who would like to take part, whether or not they are a churchgoer or have any previous acting experience, is asked to contact Mike Lees on 01582 462803 or email@example.com or Julia Roche on 01582 760295 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure