Wise guys and sassy dames bring Bugsy to the Arena
- Credit: Archant
Musical theatre group RARE Productions are putting on Bugsy Malone at the Alban Arena next week.
The St Albans company are performing the show at 7.30pm from next Thursday, January 29, until Saturday, January 31, with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm
The youngsters are returning after the success of their last show, The Wizard of Oz, and perform Bugsy Malone with all the original songs including Down and Out, Fat Sam’s Grand Slam, So You Wanna Be a Boxer and I’m Feeling Fine.
Bugsy is set in New York in 1929 where war rages between two rival gangsters, Fat Sam and Dandy Dan.
All-round nice guy Bugsy Malone falls for Blousey Brown, a singer at Fat Sam’s Speakeasy, but his designs on her are disrupted by seductive songstress Tallulah who wants him for herself.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets at £16, £14 and £12 (concessions £14 and £12.50) are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
n A concert by Nils Lofgren next Monday, January 26, has sold out but tickets for Scottish duo The Proclaimers who are returning to the Arena on Friday, May 29, go on sale from 7.30pm tomorrow (23).
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery