Picasso comes to Hertfordshire with ‘Capra’ potato sculpture
- Credit: Willows Activity Farm
Picasso’s famous ‘Capra’ sculpture has been recreated at an award-winning Hertfordshire family attraction – made out of Picasso potatoes!
To celebrate the arrival of this year’s Potato Shindig, Willows Activity Farm has combined art and food and commissioned their very own Picasso sculpture.
Taking on the form of the artist’s well-known goat creation, the goat-shaped spud has been crafted from Picasso potatoes, which can be found – and picked – throughout Potato Shindig at the activity farm in Coursers Road, London Colney.
The miniature version of Picasso’s sculpture was created by food carver Nasima Khatun, who used eight potatoes picked from Willows’ Potato Patch.
The sculpture took six hours of meticulously carving and crafting, with the head alone taking an entire hour to mould.
You may also want to watch:
Budding artists can turn their own hand to see what spud sculptures they can create and take part in the arts and crafts activities on offer during Potato Shindig.
Youngster can also enjoy potato printing, as well as picking and digging their own spuds to take home any time during the event, which runs until September 30.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Nicola Ratcliffe, CEO at Willows Activity Farm, said: “Potato Shindig is one of our most popular events of the year, and there’s no better way to celebrate its arrival in 2018 than with our very own Picasso potato sculpture.
“Those looking for their very own Picasso can also take their pick from our crop, and create their own art, or simply serve them up for dinner!”
Potato Shindig runs every day until September 30 and advance discounted tickets can be purchased on the website www.willowsactivityfarm.com
Willows Activity Farm was winner of the Herts Tourism Family Attraction of the Year Award last year.
Set in the Hertfordshire countryside, the site is ituated 200 metres off Junction 22 of the M25 for St Albans.