Picasso comes to Hertfordshire with ‘Capra’ potato sculpture
- Credit: Willows Activity Farm
Picasso’s famous ‘Capra’ sculpture has been recreated at an award-winning Hertfordshire family attraction – made out of Picasso potatoes!
To celebrate the arrival of this year’s Potato Shindig, Willows Activity Farm has combined art and food and commissioned their very own Picasso sculpture.
Taking on the form of the artist’s well-known goat creation, the goat-shaped spud has been crafted from Picasso potatoes, which can be found – and picked – throughout Potato Shindig at the activity farm in Coursers Road, London Colney.
The miniature version of Picasso’s sculpture was created by food carver Nasima Khatun, who used eight potatoes picked from Willows’ Potato Patch.
The sculpture took six hours of meticulously carving and crafting, with the head alone taking an entire hour to mould.
You may also want to watch:
Budding artists can turn their own hand to see what spud sculptures they can create and take part in the arts and crafts activities on offer during Potato Shindig.
Youngster can also enjoy potato printing, as well as picking and digging their own spuds to take home any time during the event, which runs until September 30.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Nicola Ratcliffe, CEO at Willows Activity Farm, said: “Potato Shindig is one of our most popular events of the year, and there’s no better way to celebrate its arrival in 2018 than with our very own Picasso potato sculpture.
“Those looking for their very own Picasso can also take their pick from our crop, and create their own art, or simply serve them up for dinner!”
Potato Shindig runs every day until September 30 and advance discounted tickets can be purchased on the website www.willowsactivityfarm.com
Willows Activity Farm was winner of the Herts Tourism Family Attraction of the Year Award last year.
Set in the Hertfordshire countryside, the site is ituated 200 metres off Junction 22 of the M25 for St Albans.