Willow Foundation carol concert at St Albans Cathedral
A CHARITY carol concert is being held at St Albans Cathedral next Tuesday, December 4.
Life Presidents Bob and Megs Wilson, will be at the Willow Foundation concert which will include musical performances from the Hertfordshire Chorus, readings by celebrity patrons, beneficiaries of the charity’s special days and staff.
The service will be followed by mulled wine and mince pies.
The Willow Foundation is the only charity in the UK to provide positive and life-enhancing special days for seriously ill 16 to 40 year olds. It was founded by Arsenal legend, Bob Wilson, and his wife Megs, in memory of their daughter who died of cancer aged just 31.
Beneficiary Charlie Wright’s daughter, Hannah, will be speaking on the evening. Charlie said: “I’m really looking forward to the carol concert and hearing Hannah talk about our family’s special day.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope my story shows you how important special days are. They are not just for the recipient but for the people that stand there fighting with them. It wasn’t just a day with memories made, it was so much more than that.
Hannah added: “We were reconnected, the Special Day bought my family back together again.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
On the night Willow’s tribute tree will display messages to loved ones. A bauble can be ordered in honour of loved ones before the event or purchased on the night before the tree procession takes place.
For more information or to book tickets visit www.willowfoundation.org.uk or telephone 01707 259777.