Willow Foundation carol concert at St Albans Cathedral
A CHARITY carol concert is being held at St Albans Cathedral next Tuesday, December 4.
Life Presidents Bob and Megs Wilson, will be at the Willow Foundation concert which will include musical performances from the Hertfordshire Chorus, readings by celebrity patrons, beneficiaries of the charity’s special days and staff.
The service will be followed by mulled wine and mince pies.
The Willow Foundation is the only charity in the UK to provide positive and life-enhancing special days for seriously ill 16 to 40 year olds. It was founded by Arsenal legend, Bob Wilson, and his wife Megs, in memory of their daughter who died of cancer aged just 31.
Beneficiary Charlie Wright’s daughter, Hannah, will be speaking on the evening. Charlie said: “I’m really looking forward to the carol concert and hearing Hannah talk about our family’s special day.
“I hope my story shows you how important special days are. They are not just for the recipient but for the people that stand there fighting with them. It wasn’t just a day with memories made, it was so much more than that.
Hannah added: “We were reconnected, the Special Day bought my family back together again.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
On the night Willow’s tribute tree will display messages to loved ones. A bauble can be ordered in honour of loved ones before the event or purchased on the night before the tree procession takes place.
For more information or to book tickets visit www.willowfoundation.org.uk or telephone 01707 259777.