Willow Carol Concert comes to St Albans Cathedral next week
- Credit: Archant
An annual charity carol concert is being held at St Albans cathedral next Tuesday, December 6 - and everyone is invited.
The Willow Foundation, founded by former Arsenal goalkeeper Bob Wilson and his wife Megs in memory of their daughter, provides special days for seriously ill young adults aged 16 to 40.
The concert at 7.30pm will include musical performances from the Hertfordshire Chorus and readings by charity beneficiaries and local dignitaries, followed by wine and mince pies.
In addition, one of the charity’s beneficiaries, Lisa Langford, 37, from Dunstable, will be speaking about the positive impact of her Willow special day.
The mother of two was diagnosed with breast cancer just 10 days before last Christmas and Willow arranged for her to have much-needed time away from the stress of her illness with a theatre trip and meal for the family in July.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It’s an honour to be asked to speak at the Willow Carol Concert. I’ve always loved Christmas but last year was ruined by my diagnosis, so thanks to this wonderful charity I now have something positive to look forward to once again.”
Bob Wilson, who is now a Willow life president, said: “This is the 17th year that we are returning to the beautiful cathedral and the Willow Carol Concert is always a special occasion. Christmas is a great time to get together and this event is a lovely family evening.”
The concert, which was a sell-out last year, starts at 7.30pm. Tickets ranging from £13 to £16 can be booked through the cathedral box office.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 5 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 A New York state of mind