Wicker Man director talks at University of Herts screening
- Credit: Archant
ACCLAIMED film director Robin Hardy celebrates the 40th anniversary of his cult classic The Wicker Man with a special screening and question and answer session next Thursday, February 21.
The Wicker Man is one of the most iconic and widely recognised films ever made. The British horror movie has one of the most shocking endings committed to celluloid and has become a cult classic.
Starring Edward Woodward, Christopher Lee and Ingrid Pitt, the film will be shown at The Weston Auditorium on the de Havilland campus of the University of Herts.
Robin Hardy will be in conversation after the screening, discussing his prolific career in film, television and theatre, the making of The Wicker Man, and its long-awaited sequel The Wicker Tree.
The evening begins at 6.30pm and tickets at £6 can be purchased from the UHArts Box Office on 01707 281127 or online at www.herts.ac.uk/artsandgalleries
n Interactive theatre show Wobulous Discombobulous heads to The Weston Auditorium at 11am and 2pm next Sunday, February 24.
Suitcase Circus features a line-up of talented objects including an acrobatic potato sack, a daredevil ski glove and dancing milkshake straw, a hypnotic tie snake, and a bizarre magical Mexican hat.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 8 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 9 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 10 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
Combining puppetry and live music, tickets are £8 for adults and £6 for children.