What the Dickens is going on in Harpenden
AWARD-winning musical Oliver! is about to burst on to the stage in the hands of Harpenden Light Operatic Society. They are performing the Lionel Bart show from next Monday, March 23, until Saturday, March 28, at Harpenden Public Hall. A musical adaptation
AWARD-winning musical Oliver! is about to burst on to the stage in the hands of Harpenden Light Operatic Society.
They are performing the Lionel Bart show from next Monday, March 23, until Saturday, March 28, at Harpenden Public Hall.
A musical adaptation of the Dickens tale, the story of Oliver Twist and what happens to him when he asks for more gruel is a classic.
It is peopled with a cast of unforgettable characters including Fagin and the Artful Dodger, the evil Bill Sykes and his long-suffering girlfriend Nancy.
The show includes such hit songs as I'd Do Anything, Who Will Buy, Food Glorious Food, Consider Yourself and many more.
Two teams of local children will be appearing on alternate nights and there is even a dog appearing in the show.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 3 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 5 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 6 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
The production is directed by Sally Davis with musical direction by Roy Mathers.
Performances start at 7.30pm each night with a 2.30pm Saturday matinee and concession rates are available for that and the Monday-night performance.
Tickets are available from the box office at 43 Eastcote Drive, Harpenden, or phone 01582 624147.