Welsh Choir sings for Willow Foundation at St Albans Abbey
ONE of the largest choirs in Wales will be performing at St Albans Abbey next Saturday, June 5, in aid of the Willow Foundation.
The 90 voices of the South Wales Male Choir are returning to the Abbey for the second year following the previous sell-out concert.
Led by distinguished conductor Elaine Robins, accompanied by Sian Davies, the choir sings tradition and classical scores in both English and Welsh and has travelled the world performing in such prestigious venues as the Sydney Opera House and London’s Royal Albert Hall.
Later this year the choir will travel to the Eastern provinces of Canada for a concert tour.
St Albans group, the Quorum Singers, which was originally formed by members of the Dagnall Street Baptist Church, will also perform on the night.
You may also want to watch:
The Willow Foundation is a national charity set up by Arsenal legend Bob Wilson and his wife Megs following the death of their daughter Anna. It provides special days for seriously-ill 16 to 40-year-olds.
Bob said: “This promises to be a magical evening of entertainment from a world class choir who have generously chosen to support the Willow Foundation once again, helping us make a real difference to people living with life-threatening conditions.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets ranging from �25 to �5 can be obtained from the Willow Foundation on 01707 269777 or direct from the Abbey Information Desk on 01727 890256.