Welsh Choir sings for Willow Foundation at St Albans Abbey
ONE of the largest choirs in Wales will be performing at St Albans Abbey next Saturday, June 5, in aid of the Willow Foundation.
The 90 voices of the South Wales Male Choir are returning to the Abbey for the second year following the previous sell-out concert.
Led by distinguished conductor Elaine Robins, accompanied by Sian Davies, the choir sings tradition and classical scores in both English and Welsh and has travelled the world performing in such prestigious venues as the Sydney Opera House and London’s Royal Albert Hall.
Later this year the choir will travel to the Eastern provinces of Canada for a concert tour.
St Albans group, the Quorum Singers, which was originally formed by members of the Dagnall Street Baptist Church, will also perform on the night.
The Willow Foundation is a national charity set up by Arsenal legend Bob Wilson and his wife Megs following the death of their daughter Anna. It provides special days for seriously-ill 16 to 40-year-olds.
Bob said: “This promises to be a magical evening of entertainment from a world class choir who have generously chosen to support the Willow Foundation once again, helping us make a real difference to people living with life-threatening conditions.”
- 1 Woman in her 60s seriously injured in St Peter's Street crash
- 2 Birch tree roots battle for St Albans neighbour
- 3 Is rail freight depot fight over?
- 4 'The public won't forget' - St Albans MP reacts to PM quitting
- 5 Moped crashes with pedestrian on St Peter's Street
- 6 Club night revival in St Albans
- 7 Man arrested for approaching families with kids
- 8 'The public is sick of being taken for granted' - MP Daisy responds to government meltdown
- 9 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 10 Teenager's arm broken during 'metal pole attack'
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets ranging from �25 to �5 can be obtained from the Willow Foundation on 01707 269777 or direct from the Abbey Information Desk on 01727 890256.