Week of films at Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
A week of film kicks off at the Alban Arena on Tuesday, July 1, with a repeat of one of the theatre’s most popular films of the year, Philomena.
Starring Dame Judy Dench and Steve Coogan the film is based on the true story of St Albans woman, Philomena Lee.
It is being shown at 7.30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Wednesday’s 1.30pm matinee is a repeat of 12 Years A Slave, based on the story of one man’s fight for survival and freedom. The Oscar-winning movie stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Benedict Cumberbatch.
From earth to outer space, Gravity (12A) will be showing at the Arena at 7.30pm on Thursday, July 3. Dr Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) is a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney) but on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes.
You may also want to watch:
Cult movie The Rocky Horror Picture Show is being screened at 7.30pm next Friday, July 4.
Tickets are £7 with concessions and matinees £5, available from the box office 01727 844488 or online www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 8 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire