Week of films at Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
A week of film kicks off at the Alban Arena on Tuesday, July 1, with a repeat of one of the theatre’s most popular films of the year, Philomena.
Starring Dame Judy Dench and Steve Coogan the film is based on the true story of St Albans woman, Philomena Lee.
It is being shown at 7.30pm on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Wednesday’s 1.30pm matinee is a repeat of 12 Years A Slave, based on the story of one man’s fight for survival and freedom. The Oscar-winning movie stars Chiwetel Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt and Benedict Cumberbatch.
From earth to outer space, Gravity (12A) will be showing at the Arena at 7.30pm on Thursday, July 3. Dr Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) is a brilliant medical engineer on her first shuttle mission with veteran astronaut Matt Kowalsky (George Clooney) but on a seemingly routine spacewalk, disaster strikes.
You may also want to watch:
Cult movie The Rocky Horror Picture Show is being screened at 7.30pm next Friday, July 4.
Tickets are £7 with concessions and matinees £5, available from the box office 01727 844488 or online www.alban-arena.co.uk
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath