Virginia Woolf’s Mrs Dalloway at the Maltings, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A stage adaptation of Virginia Woolf’s modernist novel Mrs Dalloway comes to the Maltings Arts Theatre next week en route to the Edinburgh Fringe.
St Albans-based Dyad Productions is previewing Dalloway, written and directed by Elton Townend Jones and performed by Rebecca Vaughan, at 8pm next Thursday, July 24, and Friday, july 25.
Dalloway is the latest offering from Dyad which has received critical acclaim for previous productions including The Unremarkable Death of Marilyn Monroe, Austen’s Women and Female Gothic.
It is set in 1923 when the war is over. While Clarissa Dalloway prepares a party in Westminster, Septimus Smith is diagnosed with shell shock. On the hot day in June, their memories and dreams magically intertwine with those of 15 other disparate souls.
Dyad Productions was formed in 2009 and Elton and Rebecca have taken their work to Australia, New Zealand and the US. All five of their previous works continue to tour across the UK
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are £10, available from www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo or in person from the St Albans Tourist and Information Office in Market Place.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire