Violinist Yuko Uchiyama at University of Hertfordshire
ACCLAIMED violinist Yuko Uchiyama from the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is appearing with the de Havilland Philharmonic at the University of Herts on Sunday.
Originally from Japan, Yuko has won several prestigious national and international music awards as well as critical acclaim.
She has performed with the university’s resident orchestra once before and she has also recorded on its classical record label UHRecordings.
The de Havilland Philharmonic will open the concert with Carl Neilsen’s Helios Overture, a short work depicting the passage of the sun in the sky from dawn to nightfall, followed by Sibelius’s Violin Concerto performed by Yuko.
Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique completes the second half of the concert – a tone poem based on the composer’s own story of an artist’s obsessed love for a young woman and his many opium-filled imaginings.
The concerts starts at 7.30pm in the university’s Weston Auditorium and tickets priced at �6 to �20 can be purchased from the box office on 01707 281127 or go to www.herts.ac.uk/artsandgalleries
- 1 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 2 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 3 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 4 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt
- 9 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 10 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school