Violinist Yuko Uchiyama at University of Hertfordshire
ACCLAIMED violinist Yuko Uchiyama from the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra is appearing with the de Havilland Philharmonic at the University of Herts on Sunday.
Originally from Japan, Yuko has won several prestigious national and international music awards as well as critical acclaim.
She has performed with the university’s resident orchestra once before and she has also recorded on its classical record label UHRecordings.
The de Havilland Philharmonic will open the concert with Carl Neilsen’s Helios Overture, a short work depicting the passage of the sun in the sky from dawn to nightfall, followed by Sibelius’s Violin Concerto performed by Yuko.
Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique completes the second half of the concert – a tone poem based on the composer’s own story of an artist’s obsessed love for a young woman and his many opium-filled imaginings.
You may also want to watch:
The concerts starts at 7.30pm in the university’s Weston Auditorium and tickets priced at �6 to �20 can be purchased from the box office on 01707 281127 or go to www.herts.ac.uk/artsandgalleries
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 8 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets