The Nutcracker comes to St Albans
- Credit: Courtesy of Vienna Festival Ballet
The acclaimed Vienna Festival Ballet Company returns to St Albans by popular demand next week with a festive treat.
With Christmas approaching, the VFB presents a timely production of The Nutcracker at The Alban Arena on Saturday, November 25 at 2.30pm.
St Albans will have its own Nutcracker Trail as part of the city’s Christmas festivities.
And to get you in the mood, be swept away on a magical adventure in one of the most famous classical ballets of all time.
With its combination of enchanting choreography and unforgettable music, this fabulous ballet is a Christmas treat like no other.
You may also want to watch:
Set to Tchaikovsky’s sumptuous score, the traditional tale of The Nutcracker tells the story of Clara and her enchanted nutcracker doll.
Their adventures see Clara and the Nutcracker combat the Mouse King, and join the Sugar Plum Fairy and her cavalier on a wonderful journey through the glistening Land of Snow to a kingdom made entirely of sweets.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
The Vienna Festival Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker promises to delight audiences of all ages with its festive setting and light-hearted story.
There are still a few tickets available. They cost £23, concessions £20, and under-16s £15.
• To book, call the box office on 01727 844488 or visit www.alban-arena.co.uk