The Nutcracker comes to St Albans
- Credit: Courtesy of Vienna Festival Ballet
The acclaimed Vienna Festival Ballet Company returns to St Albans by popular demand next week with a festive treat.
With Christmas approaching, the VFB presents a timely production of The Nutcracker at The Alban Arena on Saturday, November 25 at 2.30pm.
St Albans will have its own Nutcracker Trail as part of the city’s Christmas festivities.
And to get you in the mood, be swept away on a magical adventure in one of the most famous classical ballets of all time.
With its combination of enchanting choreography and unforgettable music, this fabulous ballet is a Christmas treat like no other.
Set to Tchaikovsky’s sumptuous score, the traditional tale of The Nutcracker tells the story of Clara and her enchanted nutcracker doll.
Their adventures see Clara and the Nutcracker combat the Mouse King, and join the Sugar Plum Fairy and her cavalier on a wonderful journey through the glistening Land of Snow to a kingdom made entirely of sweets.
- 1 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 2 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 3 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 4 Alex Lankshear goes pro after leaving St Albans City for a Championship side
- 5 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 6 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 7 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 8 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 9 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 10 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
The Vienna Festival Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker promises to delight audiences of all ages with its festive setting and light-hearted story.
There are still a few tickets available. They cost £23, concessions £20, and under-16s £15.
• To book, call the box office on 01727 844488 or visit www.alban-arena.co.uk