The Nutcracker comes to St Albans
- Credit: Courtesy of Vienna Festival Ballet
The acclaimed Vienna Festival Ballet Company returns to St Albans by popular demand next week with a festive treat.
With Christmas approaching, the VFB presents a timely production of The Nutcracker at The Alban Arena on Saturday, November 25 at 2.30pm.
St Albans will have its own Nutcracker Trail as part of the city’s Christmas festivities.
And to get you in the mood, be swept away on a magical adventure in one of the most famous classical ballets of all time.
With its combination of enchanting choreography and unforgettable music, this fabulous ballet is a Christmas treat like no other.
You may also want to watch:
Set to Tchaikovsky’s sumptuous score, the traditional tale of The Nutcracker tells the story of Clara and her enchanted nutcracker doll.
Their adventures see Clara and the Nutcracker combat the Mouse King, and join the Sugar Plum Fairy and her cavalier on a wonderful journey through the glistening Land of Snow to a kingdom made entirely of sweets.
- 1 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 2 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
The Vienna Festival Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker promises to delight audiences of all ages with its festive setting and light-hearted story.
There are still a few tickets available. They cost £23, concessions £20, and under-16s £15.
• To book, call the box office on 01727 844488 or visit www.alban-arena.co.uk