Use your imagination at St Albans launch party
A SHOWCASE for alternative performers, filmmakers, artists and bands gets underway next week with the launch of The Imaginarium in St Albans city centre.
The pre-Halloween launch party takes place at Havana in Victoria Street, St Albans, next Thursday, October 28.
It will feature live music, interactive arts installations, dance, short films and other more unusual acts.
Appearing will be the Imajica Dance Company (picture right) with routines drawing on gypsy fusion, cabaret, can-can and burlesque styles, and Dr John who will be trick-or-treating members of the audience with his lugubrious brand of close-up “magick” and mind tricks. Bands on the bill include dark acoustic collective The Glue Ensemble, Goth-disco duo The Violent Sleep, pop-rock from Sleeping With Wolves, urban dub band The Shabby Tinkerz and the rock of James Scott’s new band Rorschach’s Journal.
James, who with wife Joanna, was behind the setting up of Funny First Mondays, now in St Albans Town Hall, said: “The original idea was just to hold a low-key launch party for Rorschach’s Journal but it soon spiralled into something bigger after I saw a few of the other bands playing at other events locally and wanted to tell other people about them.”
Further information and tickets - from �6.50 - can be booked online at www.the-imaginarium.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt