Use your imagination at St Albans launch party
A SHOWCASE for alternative performers, filmmakers, artists and bands gets underway next week with the launch of The Imaginarium in St Albans city centre.
The pre-Halloween launch party takes place at Havana in Victoria Street, St Albans, next Thursday, October 28.
It will feature live music, interactive arts installations, dance, short films and other more unusual acts.
Appearing will be the Imajica Dance Company (picture right) with routines drawing on gypsy fusion, cabaret, can-can and burlesque styles, and Dr John who will be trick-or-treating members of the audience with his lugubrious brand of close-up “magick” and mind tricks. Bands on the bill include dark acoustic collective The Glue Ensemble, Goth-disco duo The Violent Sleep, pop-rock from Sleeping With Wolves, urban dub band The Shabby Tinkerz and the rock of James Scott’s new band Rorschach’s Journal.
James, who with wife Joanna, was behind the setting up of Funny First Mondays, now in St Albans Town Hall, said: “The original idea was just to hold a low-key launch party for Rorschach’s Journal but it soon spiralled into something bigger after I saw a few of the other bands playing at other events locally and wanted to tell other people about them.”
You may also want to watch:
Further information and tickets - from �6.50 - can be booked online at www.the-imaginarium.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans