Up-and-coming star visits Redbourn Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
Rising singer-songwriter, guitarist and harmonicist Kelly Oliver headlines Redbourn Folk Club tonight. (22)
Herts born and bred, Kelly has enjoyed a whirlwind of a first year as a self penned singer-songwriter.
After being inspired by the folk tradition, she returned from travelling and put all her energy into realising her dream of becoming a professional musician. She decided to add harmonica to her guitar accompaniment and has since won endorsement from Hohner, which specialises in the manufacture of musical instruments.
Kelly won a financial Emerging Excellence Award from Help Musicians UK to fund her album on Folkstock Records which gained four star reviews in both The Telegraph and R2 Magazine, as well as play on BBC Radio 2.
A string of headline gigs are coming her way as well as support slots for artists such as Blair Dunlop and Cara Dillon.
You may also want to watch:
Redbourn Folk Club meets at The Hollybush pub in the village and tickets are £5 on the door.
For further information contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01582 793164.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters