Up-and-coming star visits Redbourn Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
Rising singer-songwriter, guitarist and harmonicist Kelly Oliver headlines Redbourn Folk Club tonight. (22)
Herts born and bred, Kelly has enjoyed a whirlwind of a first year as a self penned singer-songwriter.
After being inspired by the folk tradition, she returned from travelling and put all her energy into realising her dream of becoming a professional musician. She decided to add harmonica to her guitar accompaniment and has since won endorsement from Hohner, which specialises in the manufacture of musical instruments.
Kelly won a financial Emerging Excellence Award from Help Musicians UK to fund her album on Folkstock Records which gained four star reviews in both The Telegraph and R2 Magazine, as well as play on BBC Radio 2.
A string of headline gigs are coming her way as well as support slots for artists such as Blair Dunlop and Cara Dillon.
You may also want to watch:
Redbourn Folk Club meets at The Hollybush pub in the village and tickets are £5 on the door.
For further information contact Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01582 793164.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor