Up-and-coming star visits Redbourn Folk Club
- Credit: Archant
Rising singer-songwriter, guitarist and harmonicist Kelly Oliver headlines Redbourn Folk Club tonight. (22)
Herts born and bred, Kelly has enjoyed a whirlwind of a first year as a self penned singer-songwriter.
After being inspired by the folk tradition, she returned from travelling and put all her energy into realising her dream of becoming a professional musician. She decided to add harmonica to her guitar accompaniment and has since won endorsement from Hohner, which specialises in the manufacture of musical instruments.
Kelly won a financial Emerging Excellence Award from Help Musicians UK to fund her album on Folkstock Records which gained four star reviews in both The Telegraph and R2 Magazine, as well as play on BBC Radio 2.
A string of headline gigs are coming her way as well as support slots for artists such as Blair Dunlop and Cara Dillon.
Redbourn Folk Club meets at The Hollybush pub in the village and tickets are £5 on the door.
For further information contact Jenny at email@example.com or on 01582 793164.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close