Uke know you want to at Maltings, St Albans
MIDWAY through their UK tour, the Bohemia Ukulele Band are calling in at the Maltings Arts Theatre next Saturday, July 18. The zingy six-piece band perform on five ukuleles and bass in an act which is said to have universal appeal. They play hits from the
MIDWAY through their UK tour, the Bohemia Ukulele Band are calling in at the Maltings Arts Theatre next Saturday, July 18.
The zingy six-piece band perform on five ukuleles and bass in an act which is said to have universal appeal.
They play hits from the forties to the noughties ranging from These Boots are Made for Walking to Rocking All Over the World.
The band have rapidly gained a loyal fan base and appeared on BBC Radio Six where they were described as fabulous.
They come on stage at the St Albans theatre at 8pm and tickets are �10 with concessions �8, available from the box office on 01727 844222.
n Coffee and Classics continues with a performance by pianist Andrew Ward at the arts theatre next Wednesday lunchtime, July 15.
- 1 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 8 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 9 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Andrew, who lives locally but is new to the arts theatre lunchtime series, studied music at King's College in London and piano at Birmingham Conservatoire with Gordon Fergus-Thompson.
His recital, which starts at 1pm, will feature works by Bach, Beethoven, Debussy and Rachmaninov.
Tickets for the one-hour recital are �4, available from the box office on the number above.