Two generations of musicians team up for St Albans charity concert
- Credit: Archant
Renowned St Albans piano duettists, Isabel Beyer and Harvey Dagul, will be joined by their granddaughter, musician and songwriter, Rose Dagul, at an upcoming charity concert.
It is being held on Sunday, May 8 in the Cavalier Hall at St Stephen’s Church, in Watling Street, St Albans, in aid of The Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
The duo will perform a repertoire of classical and modern pieces including Schubert’s Overture in F Op.34 and Slavonic Dances Op.72 in C & E by Dvorak.
The programme, which starts at 3pm, also includes a special performance by Rose, who will be singing a selection of her own songs
Isabel and Harvey have shared their passion for music with countless local pupils, having taught the piano for over 60 years.
You may also want to watch:
They gave their first serious performance as duettists in 1951 and during their illustrious career have released 22 CDs of duets and trios. They have given charity recitals every year for as long as they can remember.
Composer and cellist Rose, has recently graduated as a Master of Music from Goldsmiths, University of London. She has performed throughout Europe, releasing her first album ‘Elbow of Capture’ in 2013.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
Tickets at £12.50 with children up to 16 years £5, are available in advance on 01727 858316 or on the door.