Two generations of musicians team up for St Albans charity concert
- Credit: Archant
Renowned St Albans piano duettists, Isabel Beyer and Harvey Dagul, will be joined by their granddaughter, musician and songwriter, Rose Dagul, at an upcoming charity concert.
It is being held on Sunday, May 8 in the Cavalier Hall at St Stephen’s Church, in Watling Street, St Albans, in aid of The Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
The duo will perform a repertoire of classical and modern pieces including Schubert’s Overture in F Op.34 and Slavonic Dances Op.72 in C & E by Dvorak.
The programme, which starts at 3pm, also includes a special performance by Rose, who will be singing a selection of her own songs
Isabel and Harvey have shared their passion for music with countless local pupils, having taught the piano for over 60 years.
They gave their first serious performance as duettists in 1951 and during their illustrious career have released 22 CDs of duets and trios. They have given charity recitals every year for as long as they can remember.
Composer and cellist Rose, has recently graduated as a Master of Music from Goldsmiths, University of London. She has performed throughout Europe, releasing her first album ‘Elbow of Capture’ in 2013.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 3 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 4 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 5 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 6 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 7 Man kicked, punched and knocked unconscious outside St Albans bank
- 8 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 9 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 10 St Albans set for heatwave and 31C sunshine in mid-August
Tickets at £12.50 with children up to 16 years £5, are available in advance on 01727 858316 or on the door.