Twin stars are living the dream with TV debut
- Credit: Archant
Identical twins Nelly and Gwen Currant are making their first appearance in the BAFTA winning children’s drama, The Dumping Ground, tomorrow night. (23)
The nine year olds, who attend the St Albans-based Living the Dream performing arts school and and belong to its agency, star as two of the new characters, Toni and Billie, during the third series that airs this month.
They move into The Dumping Ground’s children’s home along with some of the popular returning residents.
The Dumping Ground is based around the life of children in a care home and follows from The Story of Tracy Beaker.
The twins went through numerous rounds of auditions before successfully gaining the roles. They filmed the series last year in the North-East of England.
You may also want to watch:
Zoe Jackson, director of Living the Dream, said: “We are so proud to have Nelly and Gwen as part of Living the Dream’s talent agency and can’t wait to see them in the series and continue to champion young talent”
Nelly said: “I’m so excited to be in The Dumping Ground with my twin sister Gwen, it was an amazing experience filming it, we had so much fun.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
Gwen added: “I can’t wait to watch and see ourselves on television with the rest of the cast.”
The Dumping Ground airs at 5pm on Fridays.