TV star Ruth Madoc joins rehearsals of St Albans production of Fiddler on the Roof
- Credit: Archant
The stage of the Alban Arena will be transformed to Russia in 1905 when St Albans Musical Theatre Company puts on Fiddler on the Roof later this month.
The family favourite focuses on Tevye and his five daughters and his attempts to maintain his Jewish religious and cultural traditions as outside influences encroach upon the family’s lives.
He has to cope both with the strong-willed actions of his three older daughters, who wish to marry for love, and the edict of the Tsar that evicts the Jews from their village.
The standout song from the show, If I Was A Rich Man, reflects Tevye’s dreams.
St Albans Musical Theatre Company has been supported in the production by TV actress Ruth Madoc, who appeared in the 1971 version of Fiddler on the Roof and took time out to go along to the Arena and meet the cast
You may also want to watch:
The show, directed by Linda Dyne with musical director Philip Joslin, runs from Tuesday, April 26, until Saturday, April 30. It features Steve Wilks as Tevye, Debby Connor as Golde, Lee Harris as Motel and Cate Brooks as Tzeitel.
For tickets for any of the six performances click here.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public