Trudy Kerr at Herts Jazz Club
AFTER a successful gig at the Herts Jazz Festival in August, Trudy Kerr returns with her trio on Sunday night.
She is appearing at the Herts Jazz Club at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, from 7.45pm.
Hailed as one of the country’s most polished singers, she moved to London in 1990 from her native Australia and while continuing to gig regularly, she worked during the day as secretary to clarinettist Acker Bilk.
She studied jazz at the Guildhall School of Music, getting her career break in 1995 when Ronnie Scott offered her a week at the club from which she has never looked back.
Her programme will be a mix of classic standards and lesser-known songs. She will be joined by Tom Cawley on piano, Geoff Gascoyne, bass and Sebastiaan De Krom on drums.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �11 online at www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under-21s.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 5 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 St Albans MP vows to fight developer 'free for all' to protect Herts Green Belt
- 8 Pupils' brighter walk to school thanks to developer
- 9 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 10 Look! See inside spectacular new lights display at St Albans Cathedral