Triple the tenors at Maltings Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A Three Tenors concert with the chorus from St Albans Chamber Opera (SACO) is being performed in the city centre next week.
It will feature three young tenors, making their way as professional singers, Oliver Martin-Smith, Rory Carver and Peter Martin.
They have all sung with SACO in the past, as both choristers and soloists, and now the orchestra is showcasing their talents.
They will be singing Puccini’s Nessun Dorma with the chorus and Eduardo Di Capua’s Oh Sole Mio as well also arias by Mozart, Handel, Tchaikovsky, Rossini and Donizetti and songs by Gurney, Kurt Weill, Lehar, Claude-Michel Schonberg and some Gilbert and Sullivan.
At the piano will be Julian Barber.
You may also want to watch:
Performances are at 8pm nextThursday and Friday, October 20 and 21, at the Maltings Arts Theatre.
Tickets are £15 with 18 and under’s £12.50, available online or 0333 666 3366
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre