Triple the tenors at Maltings Arts Theatre
- Credit: Archant
A Three Tenors concert with the chorus from St Albans Chamber Opera (SACO) is being performed in the city centre next week.
It will feature three young tenors, making their way as professional singers, Oliver Martin-Smith, Rory Carver and Peter Martin.
They have all sung with SACO in the past, as both choristers and soloists, and now the orchestra is showcasing their talents.
They will be singing Puccini’s Nessun Dorma with the chorus and Eduardo Di Capua’s Oh Sole Mio as well also arias by Mozart, Handel, Tchaikovsky, Rossini and Donizetti and songs by Gurney, Kurt Weill, Lehar, Claude-Michel Schonberg and some Gilbert and Sullivan.
At the piano will be Julian Barber.
Performances are at 8pm nextThursday and Friday, October 20 and 21, at the Maltings Arts Theatre.
Tickets are £15 with 18 and under’s £12.50, available online or 0333 666 3366
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 7 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 10 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80