Trio's chamber concert at St Albans Town Hall
A CELEBRATION of chamber music will be taking place in St Albans Town Hall on Sunday afternoon. Soprano Anna Crookes, baroque violinist Penelope Spencer and harpsichordist Terence Charlston will be performing a selection of, choice ayres, songs and fanci
A CELEBRATION of chamber music will be taking place in St Albans Town Hall on Sunday afternoon.
Soprano Anna Crookes, baroque violinist Penelope Spencer and harpsichordist Terence Charlston will be performing a selection of, "choice ayres, songs and fancies from Purcell to Handel" at 4pm.
Penelope and Terence are familiar to St Albans and Harpenden audiences from other concerts including the popular Realm of Music concert series, also held in the Town Hall and at Rothamsted Manor.
Anna was a founder member of the world-renowned I Fagiolini vocal group. She has formed her own baroque group, The French Connection, and also tours and sings with the Scholars Baroque Ensemble.
You may also want to watch:
The concert, entitled The English Muse, is to raise funds for the Town Hall and it is being held in the Assembly Rooms. Ticketholders also gain free admission to a private view of the Art Symphony exhibition in the adjoining courtroom.
Tickets at �10 are available from the Town Hall in Market Place, St Albans, by either calling in person, phoning 01727 864511 or emailing email@example.com. They will also be available on the door.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly