Trio of Comedy Club favourites play it for laughs
- Credit: Archant
Three rising stars launch a new comedy club in St Albans next Thursday, October 1.
The Comedy Club, which launched the careers of Michael McIntyre and Jimmy Carr, us being held at the bistro in Westminster Lodge Leisure centre.
It features sets from Comedy Club favourite John Ryan, who hosts the evening, and Dougie Dunlop with his unique take on life.
The headliner is Colin Cole, one of the biggest names in comedy in Australia who has been described as ‘one of the most exciting performers to come out of Australia since Skippy’.
Lesley Garner, general manager of Everyone Active which runs the leisure centre, said: “This is our first comedy event and we’re sure it’s going to be a great success with lots of laughter.”
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 6.30pm with food available until 8pm and the first act on stage from 8.30pm. Tickets are £20 with food and £15 without, available at the reception desk or by calling Westminster Lodge on 01727 736080.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development