Trio d’Art at Beechwood Park School, Markyate
- Credit: Archant
Three nationally-renowned musicians are putting on the next concert in a professional music series at a school in Markyate next Friday, June 20.
Trio d’Art comprising Paul Archibald, trumpet, Helen Reid, piano, and John Kenny, trombone, will be performing established repertoire and newly-commissioned works at the concert at Beechwood Park School.
Each member of the trio brings top-grade musicianship to the group. Paul Archibald’s first appointment was as co-principal trumpet at the Royal Opera House working with great conductors such as Kleiber and Solti. Since then he has given solo performances world-wide, led his own group English Brass Ensemble and his playing can be heard on many film soundtracks.
Helen Reid first came to public attention when she appeared on BBC2 in the National Keyboard Finals of the BBC Young Musician competition in 1998. Since then she has performed world-wide gathering a range of chamber music, recitals and concertos to her name.
Internationally recognised for his interpretation of contemporary music as well as performing jazz and early music, John Kenny is an extrovert and theatrical trombonist.
You may also want to watch:
Paul, John and Helen have been performing as a trio since their formation at the Dartington Festival of Arts in 2008
The concert is suitable for all the family and tickets at £15 and £10 for under 18s and full-time students can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, phoning 01582 840333 ext. 4 or booking online at www.wegottickets.com
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans