Trio d’Art at Beechwood Park School, Markyate
- Credit: Archant
Three nationally-renowned musicians are putting on the next concert in a professional music series at a school in Markyate next Friday, June 20.
Trio d’Art comprising Paul Archibald, trumpet, Helen Reid, piano, and John Kenny, trombone, will be performing established repertoire and newly-commissioned works at the concert at Beechwood Park School.
Each member of the trio brings top-grade musicianship to the group. Paul Archibald’s first appointment was as co-principal trumpet at the Royal Opera House working with great conductors such as Kleiber and Solti. Since then he has given solo performances world-wide, led his own group English Brass Ensemble and his playing can be heard on many film soundtracks.
Helen Reid first came to public attention when she appeared on BBC2 in the National Keyboard Finals of the BBC Young Musician competition in 1998. Since then she has performed world-wide gathering a range of chamber music, recitals and concertos to her name.
Internationally recognised for his interpretation of contemporary music as well as performing jazz and early music, John Kenny is an extrovert and theatrical trombonist.
Paul, John and Helen have been performing as a trio since their formation at the Dartington Festival of Arts in 2008
The concert is suitable for all the family and tickets at £15 and £10 for under 18s and full-time students can be obtained by emailing email@example.com, phoning 01582 840333 ext. 4 or booking online at www.wegottickets.com
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice