Tribute acts for Harpenden school’s festival
FOUR of Britain’s leading tribute bands are gearing up for Harpenden’s Festival on the Field which is being held at Sir John Lawes School in June.
The new music festival on the school playing fields will provide a whole afternoon and evening of live acts including tributes to Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Queen.
There will also be performances by the young musicians and singers of Sir John Lawes and Manland Primary schools.
The event on June 23 will also have a wide range of attractions for all the family, food outlets and a festival market.
The climax of the evening will be the performances by the Queen tribute band, Killer Queen, who regularly sell out stadiums across Europe including performing to a crowd of 30,000 in Brussels.
The festival, which runs from 1pm to 10pm, is being held to help raise funds for much-needed facilities for Sir John Lawes and Manland primary schools.
Tickets are on sale now and there is also the opportunity to book gazebos for the event. More information about the acts and ticket prices is available on the website www.festivalonthefield.com
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 8 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 9 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area