Tribute acts for Harpenden school’s festival
FOUR of Britain’s leading tribute bands are gearing up for Harpenden’s Festival on the Field which is being held at Sir John Lawes School in June.
The new music festival on the school playing fields will provide a whole afternoon and evening of live acts including tributes to Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Queen.
There will also be performances by the young musicians and singers of Sir John Lawes and Manland Primary schools.
The event on June 23 will also have a wide range of attractions for all the family, food outlets and a festival market.
The climax of the evening will be the performances by the Queen tribute band, Killer Queen, who regularly sell out stadiums across Europe including performing to a crowd of 30,000 in Brussels.
You may also want to watch:
The festival, which runs from 1pm to 10pm, is being held to help raise funds for much-needed facilities for Sir John Lawes and Manland primary schools.
Tickets are on sale now and there is also the opportunity to book gazebos for the event. More information about the acts and ticket prices is available on the website www.festivalonthefield.com
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book