Tribute acts for Harpenden school’s festival
FOUR of Britain’s leading tribute bands are gearing up for Harpenden’s Festival on the Field which is being held at Sir John Lawes School in June.
The new music festival on the school playing fields will provide a whole afternoon and evening of live acts including tributes to Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Queen.
There will also be performances by the young musicians and singers of Sir John Lawes and Manland Primary schools.
The event on June 23 will also have a wide range of attractions for all the family, food outlets and a festival market.
The climax of the evening will be the performances by the Queen tribute band, Killer Queen, who regularly sell out stadiums across Europe including performing to a crowd of 30,000 in Brussels.
You may also want to watch:
The festival, which runs from 1pm to 10pm, is being held to help raise funds for much-needed facilities for Sir John Lawes and Manland primary schools.
Tickets are on sale now and there is also the opportunity to book gazebos for the event. More information about the acts and ticket prices is available on the website www.festivalonthefield.com
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes