Your chance to clown around at theatre company's online workshop
- Credit: Trestle
Fancy clowning around? A St Albans theatre company is launching an online workshop designed to leave you smiling.
Trestle Theatre Company's School of Drama is running a workshop this February half-term devised with only one thing in mind… to make you laugh!
Clowning Around will take place on Wednesday, February 17, with three sessions tailored to suit different age groups.
Clowning Around: Little Laughs will run from 9am to 10.30am and is for ages four to seven years.
Organisers say: "Join us for 90 minutes of laughter and mayhem creating your own hilarious clown character.
"Come dressed in your silliest outfit as we work together to explore what it means to be a clown through drama games and activities."
Trestle Theatre Company, which is based at Trestle Arts Base in Russet Drive, will then be running Clowning Around: Clowning 101 from 11am to 12.30pm.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
This session is for ages eight to 10.
Creatives this time are asking are you the funniest family member? Are you always the first to crack a joke?
If the answer is yes, join Trestle as they release your inner clown through drama games and activities in just 90 minutes. Costumes are welcome.
Clowning Around: The Art of Clowning will then take place from 1pm to 2.30pm.
This online workshop is especially for ages 11 to 14 years.
Here participants will take a deeper look into what it means to be a clown, and develop new skills.
Youngsters will also find their inner clown through physical exploration, drama games and activities.
All sessions will take place via Zoom, on Wednesday, February 17.
The workshops cost £6 per child per session, and can be booked online here
Based in St Albans, Trestle Arts Base is a 100-year-old chapel beautifully converted into a unique performing arts centre.
It is also home to Trestle, one of the country’s longest-standing and most innovative theatre companies.
For all the latest information about what’s on at Trestle Arts Base, visit the website www.trestle.org.uk