Trestle Arts Base, St Albans, staging Little Foot
LITTLE Foot, a collaboration between theatre company MProductions and the Trestle Arts Base, is being performed in the Russet Drive, St Albans, theatre from tonight (Thursday) until Saturday.
A new play by Craig Higginson, Little Foot is produced as part of the National Theatre (NT) Connections Festival and has involved a number of young people from the St Albans area.
After a week of shows at Trestle Arts Base the show will be performed at the Theatre Royal and Derngate in Northampton in front of the NT Connections panel and potentially at the National Theatre itself.
Little Foot is set deep within the South African underground caves where a group of friends meet to spend the night and explore its mysteries.
The so-called Cradle of Humankind caves are home to the oldest human remains. As the young friends venture deeper and deeper, strained relations and questions of loyalty take hold. With truths revealed and loyalties undone, the modern teenagers are stripped back to their primordial instincts. Surrounded by a chorus of ancestral voices, the group unravels.
You may also want to watch:
A poetic play, Little Foot draws on Greek tragedy and South African folklore to portray modern relationships.
Performances are at 7.30pm daily with tickets for tonight’s open dress rehearsal �5 and for the remaining two nights, �10/�8 with a family ticket at �32, available from the Trestle box office on 01727 850950 or www.allaboutstalbans.com
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district