Toyah Wilcox performing at St Albans music venue
EIGHTIES legend Toyah Wilcox will be playing at The Horn in St Albans next Thursday September 16.
The singer will be accompanied by her band as they play hits from her most recent album, In the Court of the Crimson Queen and other hits from Toyah’s 30-year career in the music industry.
The 52-year-old BRIT award winner has had 13 top 40 singles, including Rebel Run, I Want to be Free and Thunder in the Mountains.
In the Court of the Crimson Queen is Toyah’s first studio album in 14 years and is described as “contemporary rock with a nod to glam rock”.
Toyah is also well known for her acting work and she starred in the 1979 film Quadrophenia and Derek Jarman’s adaptation of Shakespeare’s The Tempest. Her TV roles have included Quatermass, Minder, Kavanagh QC and Secret Diary of a Call Girl.
You may also want to watch:
She has also presented Songs of Praise and Holiday and provided the voice of the narrator in children’s TV show, the Teletubbies.
Toyah has also published two best-selling books - her 2000 autobiography Living Out Loud and a follow-up in 2005 documenting her experiences of cosmetic surgery, Diary of a Facelift.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
Tickets for her gig at The Horn are available in advance via Ticketweb on 0844 477 1000 or over the bar for �17. They can also be purchased on the door for �20.