Top quartet come to Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Bassist Chris Laurence is among a quartet of acclaimed musicians playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday. (8)
Chris has maintained a dual career in both jazz and classical music and has performed regularly with John Surman, Kenny Wheeler, John Taylor and Norma
He will be joined by Frank Ricotti who was voted Melody Maker’s Top Vibraphone player back in his teens. Since then he has remained constantly in demand in the studios as well as playing alongside Stan Tracey, John Taylor, Mike Gibbs, Kenny Wheeler and Stan Sulzmann.
Completing the quartet will be John Parricelli, guitar, and Martin France, drums
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from here.
You may also want to watch:
are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans