Top quartet come to Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Bassist Chris Laurence is among a quartet of acclaimed musicians playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday. (8)
Chris has maintained a dual career in both jazz and classical music and has performed regularly with John Surman, Kenny Wheeler, John Taylor and Norma
He will be joined by Frank Ricotti who was voted Melody Maker’s Top Vibraphone player back in his teens. Since then he has remained constantly in demand in the studios as well as playing alongside Stan Tracey, John Taylor, Mike Gibbs, Kenny Wheeler and Stan Sulzmann.
Completing the quartet will be John Parricelli, guitar, and Martin France, drums
The evening at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets in advance from here.
You may also want to watch:
are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden