Top Hat Stage School scholarship auditions this Sunday
A STAGE school will be holding scholarship auditions for six to 17 years olds this Sunday, November 25.
Top Hat is offering the opportunity to win a year at the weekly stage school. The scholarship auditions take place at the Hatfield Forum and are free to attend. They are open to any enthusiastic children who love to perform.
There will be 15 scholarship places up for grabs, worth over �900 each and supported by the county council, Youth Connexions and local authorities in Herts.
The prize would be to attend their weekly stage school each weekend from next January to December where they learn dance, drama and singing. Currently Top Hat has schools in St Albans, Potters Bar, Welwyn, Stevenage and and Hertford.
The scheme was run last year and hundreds of children attended the free workshop audition. One of last year’s winners Jordan Bisla, 13, also gained a place on their professional acting agency and was chosen to star in a recent TV series on CBBC as well as do a few modelling jobs.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Warren Bacci explained: “The scholarship scheme was set up to give talented children in Hertfordshire to attend a stage school such as ours, who otherwise financially wouldn’t be able to. There are so many enthusiastic youngsters out there who would love to have the training that we provide and I am looking forward to meeting the new applicants this year.”
Although the auditions are being held in Hatfield Forum, the scholarship places will be offered at various Top Hat school locations.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 5 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
Applicants need to register online at www.tophatstageschool.co.uk to reserve a place at the auditions and more information will be supplied by email.