Derry Girls star to bring stand-up show to St Albans
- Credit: Supplied by The Alban Arena
One of the stars of Channel 4’s hit show Derry Girls brings his latest stand-up tour to St Albans this week.
Top Irish comic Tommy Tiernan is back on the road and you can see his new show, Paddy Crazy Horse, at The Alban Arena on Thursday, April 11 at 8pm.
Tiernan’s no stranger to St Albans having appeared at Eddie Izzard’s 2011 comedy festival Laughs in the Park in Verulamium Park.
If you’ve not seen Tiernan live, he rants and raves, he dances and acts. He tries to be very silly and very serious at the same time.
He mixes a love of comic rebellion and a refusal to be conscripted into a rational view of the world with a deep love for talking and the poetry of everyday speech.
You may also want to watch:
Using high theatricality and lots of sweary language, Paddy Crazy Horse is a fast-paced and exuberant celebration of everything that’s wild, wrong and wonderful about being alive right here, right now.
It is by turns clever and then really stupid.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 4 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 7 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 8 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
As well as appearing as Da Gerry in Derry Girls and performing on stage at Live at the Apollo, comedian Tiernan writes a weekly newspaper column for the Sunday Independent and hosts his own improvised chat show on Ireland’s RTE 1.
Tickets cost £20 and the show is recommended 15 plus.
• To book tickets, call The Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk