Tommy Smith’s Karma at Herts Jazz Club
IN A major coup for Herts Jazz Club, jazz legend Tommy Smith brings his new band, Karma, to Welwyn Garden City, on Sunday (October 2).
Born in Edinburgh in 1967, Tommy recorded his first album at the tender age of fifteen.
After studying at Berklee College of Music, he joined Gary Burton’s group, touring worldwide and recording the Whiz Kids album.
He was then signed by the legendary jazz label, Blue Note, at the age of 21 and has gone on to release 25 solo albums.
The Scottish saxophonist, who has won a host of awards over the years, will be leading his band of virtuoso musicians, including Steve Hamilton on keyboard, Kevin Glasgow on bass and Alyn Cosker on drums, at Campus West from 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10 for members, �16 on the door, or �13 online at www.welhat.gov.uk/cw. Tickets for students and under 21s are �5.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill