Tommy Smith’s Karma at Herts Jazz Club
IN A major coup for Herts Jazz Club, jazz legend Tommy Smith brings his new band, Karma, to Welwyn Garden City, on Sunday (October 2).
Born in Edinburgh in 1967, Tommy recorded his first album at the tender age of fifteen.
After studying at Berklee College of Music, he joined Gary Burton’s group, touring worldwide and recording the Whiz Kids album.
He was then signed by the legendary jazz label, Blue Note, at the age of 21 and has gone on to release 25 solo albums.
The Scottish saxophonist, who has won a host of awards over the years, will be leading his band of virtuoso musicians, including Steve Hamilton on keyboard, Kevin Glasgow on bass and Alyn Cosker on drums, at Campus West from 7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are �10 for members, �16 on the door, or �13 online at www.welhat.gov.uk/cw. Tickets for students and under 21s are �5.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public