Menus announced for Tom Kerridge's Pub in the Park festival in St Albans
- Credit: Supplied by Switched On
The menus for Tom Kerridge's Pub in the Park food and music festival in St Albans have been announced.
Pub in the Park is set to return to Verulamium Park next month for three days of great music and tasty food.
The mouth-watering menus of the pop-up pubs and restaurants have been revealed to whet your appetite for PITP's St Albans return from Friday, September 10 to Sunday, September 12.
Once again, Michelin-starred celebrity chef Tom Kerridge will be bringing together his band of incredible chef pals including Atul Kochhar, James Martin, The Great British Bake Off winner Candice Brown, Stephen Terry and more for a weekend of great grub and fun in the cathedral city.
Festival-goers can feast on exclusive dishes for £6 a plate including BBQ Glazed Brisket from Kerridge’s two-Michelin starred The Hand & Flowers.
Tapas sized signature dishes also include Spiced Aubergine and Chimichurri Bruschetta from Lussmanns, Wild Boar Sausage Roll from Candice Brown’s The Green Man, and a 12-hour Oak Smoked British Lamb served on a warm, fluffy Naco from Afghan BBQ legends Cue Point.
There will also be more vegetarian options than ever before.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 6 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
- 10 London Colney children will be going nuts for this new Scouts group
Kerridge said: “I’m so excited to be bringing another incredible menu to Pub in the Park this year.
"We all deserve a good party and I can’t wait for everyone to dig into some great food whilst watching some quality live gigs.
"I know I’m looking forward to getting my hands on the other chef’s food as well!”
It wouldn’t be Pub in the Park without some top-notch live music, so expect performances from the likes of Brand New Heavies, a Faithless DJ set, All Saints, Basement Jaxx DJ set, Lightning Seeds, Gabrielle, and more over the weekend.
Great food needs great drinks, so Greenall’s Gin will be serving up some summery cocktails to get you in the party mood.
Their Greenall’s Basil Smash – refreshing and punchy – is perfect paired with The Hand & Flowers BBQ brisket.
For a sweet hit to complement The Hardwick’s Crispy Salt Beef Hash there’s a Greenall’s Blueberry & Honey Punch.
For the beer lovers, Greene King will be on hand serving refreshingly cold IPAs perfect for summer evenings.
Enjoy alongside Atul Kochhar’s Chicken Tikka Pie or The Hand & Flowers' Chicken and Mushroom Pie for a pairing worth raising a glass to.
Pub in the Park St Albans Menus
The Hand & Flowers
- BBQ Glazed Brisket with Succotash and Chimichurri.
- Chicken and Mushroom Pie, Pease Pudding and Tarragon Liquor.
- Breaded Scampi, Dill Pickles & Garlic Mayonnaise.
- Boston Bean and Cheddar Pie with Garlic and Herb Slaw and Chimichurri (V).
Atul Kochhar Restaurants
- Channa Samosa Chaat (V) (Can be ordered VE).
- Chicken Tikka Pie.
- Atul's Tandoori Fried Chicken.
- Kheema Paratha.
The Star Inn
- 'K.F.P' - Kentucky Fried Partridge, Toasted Sesame, Celeriac ‘Slaw, Faux Gras Mayo, Allium Sprinkles.
- 'Mac ‘n’ Cheese' - Wild Garlic Macaroni, Yorkshire Blue, Cracked Hazelnuts, Crispy Onions and Black Truffle Pesto (V). (Can be ordered nut free).
- Fish ‘n’ Chips - Deep-fried Red Mullet, Spiced 'Scarborough Fair' Salad, Lobster Ketchup and Salt ‘n’ Vinegar Puffs.
Candice Brown’s The Green Man
- Beef Topped Chips & Gravy - Skin on fries topped with slow braised beef mince in a bone marrow gravy, local blue cheese and pickled shallots.
- Eversolt 'Sausage Roll' - Spiced wild boar and pork meatball topped with a pastry lid, warm brown sauce, potato puffs and pork scratching crumbs.
- Mushrooms on Toast (V) - Wild mushrooms, spinach, fennel and garlic on charred sourdough, truffled parmesan and toasted walnuts.
- 16 hr Oak Smoked Beef Brisket, served on a warm, fluffy Naco.
- 12 hr Oak Smoked British Lamb served on a warm, fluffy Naco.
- Banjan Borani Naco – 24hr brined, grilled, then stewed aubergine slices cooked slowly in a rich, garlic and tomato sauce (VE).
- Lamb Ribs - Oak smoked lamb ribs, with garlic + mint brine served with pomegranate.
To see the full menus, visit www.pubintheparkuk.com/st-albans/menus