Tom Craine headlines Quick Fire Comedy at Harpenden Public Halls
FOUR of this country’s rising comedy stars are taking a half hour slot at Harpenden Public Halls on Monday to try out new material.
Some are previewing Edinburgh 2012 shows and others just trying new gags at Quick Fire Comedy at the theatre from 8pm.
The comedians are Tom Craine, whose last Edinburgh show was voted in The Times top five to see at the Fringe, Helen Keen, described as queen of quickfire entertaining, Grainne McGuire, a hot comedy prospect, and Gareth Richards depicted as a clever craftsman with a big future.
Tickets are �5, on sale from the box office on 01582 767525 or go to www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
n A charity auction in memory of a man who was killed in a cycle accident in London earlier this year is being held at Harpenden Public Halls next Saturday, December 3.
Go Make It Happen aims to raise funds to enable children from disadvantaged backgrounds to take part in activities they would not normally experience.
The cyclist who died was Sam Harding whose love of travel and exploration has been one of the inspiration for Go Make it Happen.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 'Minor explosions' heard as garages catch fire in village near St Albans
- 4 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 5 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
- 6 Man breaks ankle during 'assault' in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 Car and moped crash in St Albans
- 8 Married at First Sight: St Albans' Whitney wants to walk down the aisle
- 9 Call for hosepipe ban to protect River Ver
- 10 St Albans Striders brave the heat to tackle numerous races
The evening will be hosted by Ron “Chopper” Harris, Chelsea FC’s most capped player who will be recounting tales from the Stamford Bridge pitch as well as auctioning off memorabilia. He will be joined by comedian Mickey Pugh.
Following a silent auction, the evening will conclude with Doog and the Chameleons performing classic songs from all decades.
Tickets for the event, which starts at 7.30pm, can be obtained from email@example.com or call 0786 3062137.