Timothy West performing with Organ Festival at St Albans Abbey
TWO distinguished performers come together for the next concert in the International Organ Festival Society’s concert series to be held in St Albans Abbey next Saturday, March 19.
Prize-winning organist Jean-Baptiste Dupont and renowned actor Timothy West will come together to perform the Fourteen Stations of the Cross which describes the journey of Christ through Jerusalem to his Crucifixion, otherwise known as the Way of the Cross.
In the performance, Timothy West will narrate, against a video image of each station. Improvisations follow providing musical “painting” of the depicted scene and there will also be a video link of Jean-Baptiste Dupont at the organ console.
The text has been specially written for the performance by Father Peter Wadsworth, Vicar of St Saviour’s in St Albans.
The concert is being held at 5.30pm and entry is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society.
You may also want to watch:
Further information about the concert and others in the 2010-2011 series can be found at www.organfestival.com
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues