Timothy West performing with Organ Festival at St Albans Abbey
TWO distinguished performers come together for the next concert in the International Organ Festival Society’s concert series to be held in St Albans Abbey next Saturday, March 19.
Prize-winning organist Jean-Baptiste Dupont and renowned actor Timothy West will come together to perform the Fourteen Stations of the Cross which describes the journey of Christ through Jerusalem to his Crucifixion, otherwise known as the Way of the Cross.
In the performance, Timothy West will narrate, against a video image of each station. Improvisations follow providing musical “painting” of the depicted scene and there will also be a video link of Jean-Baptiste Dupont at the organ console.
The text has been specially written for the performance by Father Peter Wadsworth, Vicar of St Saviour’s in St Albans.
The concert is being held at 5.30pm and entry is free with a retiring collection in aid of the International Organ Festival Society.
You may also want to watch:
Further information about the concert and others in the 2010-2011 series can be found at www.organfestival.com
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 9 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden